- Clearance Sale
- Greener Kitchens
- Contact us
What is Personal Information?
‘Personal information’ is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Examples include an individual’s name, address, contact number and email address.
‘Sensitive information’ is a special category of personal information. Sensitive information includes health information and information about an individual’s race or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, religious or philosophical beliefs and criminal record.
Types of Personal Information
We collect and hold a range of personal information in our business as a commercial kitchen supplier. The kinds of personal information we collect will depend upon our relationship with you, including whether we collect the information from you as a customer, supplier, contractor, job applicant or some other capacity. It will also depend on the reason we need to collect that personal information.
The personal information we may collect about you include:
- your contact details, including your name, phone number, address and email address;
- your financial or credit card information;
- details of your business, or the business entity you represent;
- your feedback, communications with our customer support and responses to surveys;
- if you are a rental customer, business registrations linked to you and credit-related information;
- if you are a potential employee, contractor or other personnel, your employment history, intended role with us and other information provided as part of any application; and
- other information that you provide to us in the course of our relationship with you, such as when you make an inquiry, request information, submit an order, provide feedback or correspond with us.
If you visit our website, we may collect anonymised information as set out in the section ‘Our Website’ below.
We do not generally collect sensitive information and we will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise required or authorised by or under law to do so).
How We Collect Personal Information
We generally collect personal information from you directly, including when you:
- engage in business activities with us (whether electronically or in person), such as by providing us with your financial or credit information;
- enter information onto our website, such as when you provide feedback, or respond to surveys or promotions;
- communicate with us, whether through our website, social media, telephone or in writing, including when you speak with customer support;
- apply to work for, or with, us; or
- use our website; or
- otherwise provide that personal information to us.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, including from:
- the entity you work for or your business partners;
- credit reporting bodies, if we have your consent to conduct credit checks;
- if you are listed as a referee in a credit application, the applicant;
- cookies on your own browser;
- social media (such as LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook); and
- in the case of job applicants, from conducting background checks or from your references.
You have the option to withhold your personal information, however, if you do, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services.
Use of Personal Information
We collect, hold and use personal information for a range of purposes including:
- to supply our products and services;
- to process your orders and communicate with you about those orders, including sending you equipment information relevant to your purchase;
- to process payments made to us;
- to respond to your enquiries and provide you with customer service or technical support and deal with any complaints or feedback you have;
- to assess any relevant application by you, such as an application for credit or an application to work for us;
- to manage our relationships with our customers, suppliers and contractors;
- to make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you;
- to administer our business activities;
- to improve our products and services and better understand your needs;
- required or authorised by or under law (including purposes for which you have provided your consent); and
- otherwise, as required or permitted by law to do so.
Regardless of the purpose, we do not sell any data provided to us by our customers.
We may send emails or other marketing that we think will be of interest to you. You can always opt out of these communications by clicking the unsubscribe option at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, you can contact us at the address below. It may take us a few days within which to respond to your request.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In conducting our business, we may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes outlined below:
- when it is required for the supply of our products or services;
- to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, or in response to a law enforcement agency request;
- in the course of a legal proceeding;
- to protect our copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety, and those of our customers or third parties;
- in good faith to a purchaser (including a prospective purchaser) of our business, where there is a change of control in our business or as part of a sale or transfer of our business assets; and
- otherwise with your consent or as permitted by law.
These third parties may include, where appropriate:
- financial institutions for processing your payments;
- our contracted service providers (including, delivery and shipping, IT, marketing providers and external business advisors such as auditors, accountants and lawyers, and sub-contractors engaged by Caterlink on its client’s behalf);
- the entity you work for;
- in the case of a sale of our business (in whole or in part) to the purchaser or prospective purchaser (as an asset of the business); and
- if you are a job applicant, referees whose details you provide to us.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties and for other purposes where we are required or authorised by or under law to do so (including where you have provided your consent).
We do not disclose your personal information to recipients which are located outside Australia.
When you visit our website (www.caterlink.com.au), we may collect aggregated or anonymised information such as audience reports, site traffic data, and general statistics which are used to improve content we share, the navigation of the website, and enhancing the overall functionality of our online system.
We do not store credit card data. Any payments carried out via our payment gateway are managed directly by the credit institution. SSL checks and verifies transactions online in addition to ensuring information shared with the bank is encrypted.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable period. We will generally provide you with access to your personal information (subject to some exceptions permitted by law) but may charge a reasonable access fee to cover the cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting www.oaic.gov.au, calling 1300 363 992 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Post to 26 Howe St, Osborne Park WA 6017 (attention Admin Manager).