Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions Caterlink means CHRYSTAL & CO PTY LTD (ACN 008 680 822) and the “Customer” shall mean the Customer referred to on the first page of this Quotation.
- If you are a Cash Account you are required to pay all monies owing prior to goods leaving the premises.
- Account Customers (Application Required): The Customer agrees that payment of all monies for all goods or services shall be paid within 30 days of the date of receipt by the customer of an invoice from CATERLINK upon which that transaction appears.
- If payment is not received or Caterlink accounts notified failure to pay, Caterlink reserves the right to forward to a collection agency. Any expenses, costs or disbursements incurred in the process of recovering or attempting to, shall be paid by the Customer.
- Unless otherwise stated by Caterlink in writing, a deposit of 50% of the total quote value will be paid to Caterlink by the customer upon acceptance of the quote. The goods may not be ordered until this has been processed.
- The Customer must make payment in full and collect the items within six (6) months from the date of quotation acceptance to avoid price rises or warehousing fees. After this time, Caterlink reserves the right to cancel the order and retain any deposits made against the order.
- Caterlink does not accept retention payment deductions; however, Caterlink can provide a Bank Guarantee in Lieu of Retention.
- Acceptance of our quotation confirms your agreement to our Bank Guarantee Policy.
- Credit card transactions will incur a 1% surcharge (inclusive of GST). Debit cards are not subject to a surcharge.
2. Title & PPSA
2.1 The parties agree that the title to, ownership of, and all rights, entitlements, and remedies with respect to the goods supplied (“the goods”) by Caterlink to the Customer constituting an order shall remain at all times with Caterlink until the Customer has paid all sums owing to Caterlink in full whether under this or any other agreement.
2.2 Caterlink may, at its discretion, register unpaid goods with the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) until such time the goods are paid in full.
3. Goods in Transit
3.1 Where Caterlink delivers the goods in its own vehicles it will ensure that the goods are insured and will arrive in good condition.
3.2 Where a third-party carrier (Transport Company) is used, Caterlink is not responsible to the Customer or any person claiming through the Customer for any loss or damage to goods in transit caused by any event of any kind by any person (whether or not Caterlink is legally responsible for the person who caused or contributed to that loss or damage).
3.3 Delays or Lead Times: Caterlink is not responsible and will not be held accountable for delays in arrival of equipment as a result of third party carrier (Transport Company) or supplier delays. Lead times can only be supplied once the order is confirmed by the manufacturer in writing, after which time the Customer shall be notified.
4.1 All costs, expenses or disbursements incurred by Caterlink in the maintenance of the Customer’s account including debt collection, agency fees and legal costs (on a solicitor/ client indemnity basis) arising as a consequence of the Customer’s default in observing these terms and conditions or the terms and conditions of any sale; or as a result pf any of the Customer’s cheques being dishonoured; or by any reason of Caterlink requiring any further security to be provided, shall be payable by the Customer upon demand.
4.2 The price payable for a product is the one set out on our website or advised by us over the phone at the time you place your order. We make every effort to ensure prices and product information on our website, catalogues or advertisements are correct and up to date. Prices for our products displayed on our website are subject to third party mistakes or human error, therefore if they are incorrect and fall under either beforementioned category we are not bound by them.
4.3 Prices displayed on platforms other than our website (www.caterlink.com.au) may have a delayed interval before they are updated when price changes occur. Any price differences between those displayed on our website and other platforms, either those operated by Caterlink or a third party, are not binding offers.
5.1 Caterlink does not operate a Service Department or have Service Technicians. Caterlink’s Warranty department acts as a coordination service between the customer and the manufacturer only.
5.2 Unless otherwise specified, the warranty on goods supplied is;
- Provided by the original manufacturer of the goods. Please advise if relevant warranty information is not supplied with the unit.
- All manufacturers will require card details before sending a tech out. This is to ensure if the fault is deemed NON Warranty the charges will be paid for by the customer.
5.3 The following may not be covered or cause the warranty to become void:
- Manufacturers and Caterlink DO NOT provide any compensation due to the unit’s inability to be used. Caterlink does not offer Loan Units.
- Incorrect Gas and Electrical Supply, Incorrect Installation (Excluding Caterlink Installed), Glass, Door Seals, Misuse, Ambient environmental conditions outside of Manufacturers recommendation (Temperature, Humidity, Water Quality), Curtains and non-critical components are NOT Covered under warranty.
- Manufacturers cover travel costs within 50km of the Metro Area. Outside of this the customer will incur additional travel fees and associated costs.
- DOES NOT include transport costs to and from the recognised service agent, for items that have a “Back to Base” only manufacturer’s warranty. The Customer is required to pay or organise transport and collection.
- Regular servicing and maintenance of equipment, including all consumable items (Filters, Lights, Cleaning Etc) are solely the customers responsibility and if not kept in good working order MAY void the warranty.
6.1 In this clause the term “GST” means any goods and services tax imposed under the Australian Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999. The GST Act and its transitional and amending acts and regulation, which is or may be levied or assessed or becomes payable in respect of any goods, services, facilities, or other items supplied by Caterlink to the Customer under this agreement.
6.2 All prices provided to the customer for any supply are GST exclusive unless otherwise specified.
6.3 Caterlink will provide to the Customer a GST tax invoice as required by the GST Act once all goods have been received.
7. Inclusions and Exclusions
7.1 Unless otherwise specified in writing by Caterlink;
- All taps are to be supplied by the plumbers AND penetrations (tap holes) to sinks and benches are by others.
- Connections to services (Plumbing & Electrical) are by others. All equipment must be installed & commissioned by a qualified technician in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and local health department regulations. Failure to do so may void warranty and incur additional charges which Caterlink will not be accountable for.
8. Returns & Cancellation of Orders
8.1 A RE-STOCKING or CANCELLATION FEE of 30% of the value of the goods ordered is payable by the customer for all cancelled items.
8.2 All credits are to be reviewed by Management and cannot be processed until approved in writing.
9. Custom Made & Manufactured Items
9.1 The customer must make payment in full for custom goods, prior to the order being placed by CATERLKINK with the manufacturer, unless otherwise agreed.
9.2 Please note manufactured items cannot be cancelled after order has been placed and / or drawings have been signed off.
9.3 Deposit refunds/ credits will not be given on these items and any payments either in part or full will be used to recover costs for materials or labour incurred by the manufactured order.